CBT for OCD: Keys to Exposure and New Directions
|OnDemand Webinar||$69||Add to Cart|
This on-demand webinar will focus on the assessment and cognitive-behavioral treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). OCD is the fourth most common psychiatric illness in the U.S. and considered one of the top 10 leading causes of disability by the World Health Organization. OCD is also a commonly misunderstood diagnosis. Discussion will include what is and what is not OCD and common associated features of OCD. This will include instruction on the use of the Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale the gold standard of OCD assessment. Next a detailed description of how to develop a treatment plan using cognitive-behavioral therapy strategies will be discussed. This will include instruction on exposure and ritual prevention the treatment of choice for OCD and keys to making exposure therapy effective. The on-demand webinar will conclude with a discussion of new areas of OCD treatment.
- You will be able to discuss signs and symptoms of OCD.
- You will be able to explain 3 keys to making exposure therapy successful.
- You will be able to review new directions in the treatment of OCD.
AuthorsBradley C. Riemann, Ph.D., Rogers Memorial Hospital
Overview of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Signs and Symptoms of OCD
• Common Associated Features of OCD
• Assessment of OCD Using the Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale
Necessary Components of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for OCD
• Exposure and Ritual Prevention (ERP)
• 3 Keys to Making Exposure Therapy Successful
• Cognitive Restructuring for OCD
New Directions in the Treatment of OCD
• Attention Retraining
• Deep Brain Stimulation